Saturday, June 7, 2008

Family History & Genealogy


I have been working to find out the names of my relatives and those who have lived before me. I even purchased a special little book to handwrite everything down. Family history lines have always been a source of confusion to me --with marriages, divorces, different languages, transliterations, and the like. However, I have caught the genealogy bug right now and I am working on gaining information. I have to give a ton of credit to a family member who I have never met-- but who contacted me and started giving me death certificates, census data, and lots of family photos. I have been inspired.

Hopefully, this will lead me to straightening out some of the family mess that I have in my head concerning all sorts of relationships. I always wonder, "How am I related to that person?"

The picture is from the Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, Memorial. I saw the name on the wall and got to wondering again. Not that I know that person or even his/her first name, but perhaps in the future we will meet.

No comments: